12.26.2007

FOUR DIRECTIONS: A collection of Polaroid Transfer Lamps

Inspired by a course called "Designing with Light and Paper", I made these Screens in 2002. Two images are from London, two from Iowa. They were shot with slide film. I used a Daylab Jr. Slide Printer and Polaroid 669 film to create Polaroid Transfers. The roughly 3x4 inch images were them glued to wooden frames to make lampshades.

The following collection of Screens is called Four Directions. The first image is Thunderhead (Iowa), which is followed by Flowers (Iowa). The third image is Snail & Tile (London), which is followed by Door (London).

I'm in the process of revisiting these lamps, redesigning them and creating new Polaroid Transfer lamps. In 2008 I plan to produce and market these and other Polaroid Transfer lamps. I'll keep you posted. Any feedback or ideas are welcome.

No comments: