9.16.2008

A Month, A Purpose

I seriously haven't posted here in a month. I spent some time today working on a presentation about blogging, which I will present tomorrow to my team members at work. One of the major themes that kept emerging (and making me feel slightly guilty) is that blogs should be updated frequently. I've spent so much time building this site (nearly 800 posts in less than 4 years) that it seems a shame to let it languish now.

But there's another angle I learned in my blog research today too. Blogs are personal, like a diary. But they also need a purpose. The common denominator for this blog has been me: words and photos, the record of what I've been up to over time. But is that a purpose?

Unfortunately, the metaphysics of blogging, and my role as a blogger, have not been foremost on my mind. We're down to about 7 weeks, now, give or take, before Annika arrives. For 32 weeks pregnant, I feel great, but I'm tired by the end of the day. The focus now is on getting my tasks done at work before my maternity leave begins. My computer situation has also been a hassle. I've entirely given up on the laptop for dealing with photos, but the Mac isn't quite upgraded yet. Plus, it's upstairs, and not accessible from the cozy new sofa.

So, blame the sofa, the laptop, the third trimester, the preoccupation with work. I suspect as my life purpose shifts --- this time as a new mother --- I'll be back online to work through all of it in my blog-journal here. Complete with pictures.

In the meantime, I do need to post a picture of me with this belly. Annika is growing, weighs about 4 pounds, and as she grows I feel her moving more and more. I can't believe she's going to be here soon. And I can't wait.

No comments: