6.22.2009

Home Alone. Sort of.

Aaron's in LA. Annika's at my parents' house in Narragansett. I'm at the house with my niece and my mother-in-law. Everyone will be home tomorrow. But I have to admit I came home from work today and didn't know what to do with myself. And I got a little sad. I haven't been home without Annika since she came home from the hospital. And I miss her.

My mom said that Annika recognizes names and faces. Mom showed her my picture and she smiled and said "mama." Mom asked where is Coco, and Annika started to giggle. She asked where is Ichiban and Mojo, and Annika laughed harder. Then she started looking for them, and calling out. Mom said she was practicing other words like "mama" and "dada", especially for when Aaron comes home tomorrow.

Toby G. told us that we wouldn't miss going out, because our kid would be our favorite person to hang out with. And she was totally right.

No comments: