5.21.2005

No, really. I'm back. For now at least.

A couple of things. Like the seasons I so obsessively dwelt upon during winter, things change. I'm not teaching anymore, and the hiatus has been like a rebirth so far. I do not wish to do that to myself again. However, I miss the extra money, and find myself rather skint almost immediately after payday.

Something else. I'm not smoking anymore. At least for now. I know better than to ever say anything too definitive. It's part of the self-awareness that comes with adulthood. So I'm not smoking, and smoking was a habit that dovetailed nicely for me with this here blogging habit. But here I am, so I guess I CAN blog without my other vices in tow.

Also. The online dating thing. It's been a slice. After about 5 dates each with a couple of very-nice-but-not-quite-right guys who, in fairness, looked like GREAT catches in profiles, Bachelor #3 has turned out to be completely delightful. Good stuff. And very distracting. In the absolute best possible way, though. Mmmm.

And. I'm sick of my job, of course, but the fates have still not seen fit to send something else my way yet. However, according to my horoscope, big changes are afoot career-wise in July. Here's hoping.

So. I'm off to Venezuela for a week on Tuesday, on an unspeakably early flight. But God Bless frequent flyer programs. Thanks to Citibank and American Airlines, I will fly round trip from O'Hare to Caracas for 30,000 miles and $72. The plan is a weekend in Morrocoy at the beach house in Chichiriviche with la familia; and come hell or high water I'm getting myself to Las Trincheras for a totally self-indulgent day of spa heaven. Overall, I need some Latin time, and I look forward to improving my Spanish, writing, photographing, etc. And chances are I'll have some internet access, so perhaps there will be a post or two this week.

No comments: