11.26.2007

november ice


november ice, originally uploaded by Amity Beane.

Shot by Ms. Amity Beane. It's that cold up in Dixfield. I love how fall gives way to winter in this shot. Her photography is particularly gorgeous lately. She's capturing her wintery environment so acutely.

It was my distinct privilege to tap into one of my creativity streams, in Maine, with Mainegirl. I got a lot done, and I love getting a lot done.

I got a little bonus today when I realized that other than wrapping up some Incompletes, there was no grading at CTU today. Their first assignment is only due tonight. As usual, I recently hit another low point with CTU, but have since rebounded to find myself intensely grateful for the job.

And enjoying it. I wasn't happy about losing a class, and I thought maybe it was about the money. But it's not. I like what I do. Yes, I have drama in my CTU past. Yes, it was an intensely painful experience on a lot of levels. But it is what it is, as they say. And it's definitely NOT what it used to be.

TIme to stop fighting it, Ms. Beagan. You've got a good thing going, at CTU, and overall. Time to just . . . be still.

No comments: