2.16.2008

Dinner in New Bedford

Nick and Erin hosted dinner tonight. Missy and Ben arrived yesterday from New York, Brazer came down from the Cape, I drove in from Providence, and Chris and Catherine came from across town. I brought wine and homemeade bread, made some thyme butter. We had steak tips, salad, and Erin's famous Key Lime Pie. Oh, and pasta from a decade-old Food and Wine book on Pasta that the Burke-Wildmans found in college. We made the Greek Pasta a million times in Machias. I bought a copy, and got one for my mom too. I never use my cookbooks, so it was a nostalgic moment to eat a recipe from that book. Better still, I hadn't actually tried the caramelized onion, mushroom, and goat cheese dish before tonight.

As always, it was a great evening. And for further proof that we're all getting old, by 10:30 we'd all punked out and were ready for night-nights.

Which is where I'm heading. Tomorrow morning Aaron returns from New York, and we have a lecture on Maxfield Parrish to attend in the afternoon. And because there's no rest for the wicked, I have classrooms to set up tomorrow online. Doors open Monday, term begins Wednesday. I only just submitted final grades last Wednesday from the previous session. And so it goes.

No comments: