2.10.2009

Jessica & Aaron Archer have invited you to join Kiva!

My good friends Jennifer and Brendan gave Aaron and me a $100 gift certificate to Kiva for our wedding last year. Read all about it below. I did some research and have presented on the topic of microcredit in the developing world, so it was a wonderfully appropriate gift (but that's Jennifer for you, incredibly thoughtful).

The bottom line is that small loans make a HUGE difference, my friends. The best part is that it's ongoing. That $100 will be paid back by those to whom I've lent it, and I can then reinvest it indefinitely. I can't wait until Annika is old enough to participate.


Hello!



I just made a loan to someone in the developing world using a revolutionary new website called Kiva (www.kiva.org).



You can go to Kiva's website and lend to someone in the developing world who needs a loan for their business - like raising goats, selling vegetables at market or making bricks. Each loan has a picture of the entrepreneur, a description of their business and how they plan to use the loan so you know exactly how your money is being spent - and you get updates letting you know how the entrepreneur is going.



The best part is, when the entrepreneur pays back their loan you get your money back - and Kiva's loans are managed by microfinance institutions on the ground who have a lot of experience doing this, so you can trust that your money is being handled responsibly.



I just made a loan to an entrepreneur named Humay Mammadova in Azerbaijan. They still need another $1,000.00 to complete their loan request of $1,200.00 (you can loan as little as $25.00!). Help me get this entrepreneur off the ground by clicking on the link below to make a loan to Humay Mammadova too:



http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=87976



It's finally easy to actually do something about poverty - using Kiva I know exactly who my money is loaned to and what they're using it for. And most of all, I know that I'm helping them build a

sustainable business that will provide income to feed, clothe, house and educate their family long after my loan is paid back.



Join me in changing the world - one loan at a time.



Thanks!



---------------------------------------------------------

What others are saying about www.Kiva.org:



'Revolutionising how donors and lenders in the US are connecting with small entrepreneurs in developing countries.'

-- BBC



'If you've got 25 bucks, a PC and a PayPal account, you've now got the wherewithal to be an international financier.'

-- CNN Money



'Smaller investors can make loans of as little as $25 to specific individual entrepreneurs through a service launched last fall by Kiva.org.'

-- The Wall Street Journal



'An inexpensive feel-good investment opportunity...All loaned funds go directly to the applicants, and most loans are repaid in full.'

-- Entrepreneur Magazine
Check it out!
https://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=register&_isc=1c04974c-48d7-102c-a153-8bf428e815af

No comments: