11.22.2009

Jess and Annika at JOLS at RW Zoo

JOLS would be the Jack O' Lantern Spectacular at Roger Williams Zoo. Devan took this picture of Annika and me this year. Among the reasons I love Devan: we do cool things together with our daughters. We saw a butterfly exhibit at the Zoo, and decorated pottery with the girls' hand and foot prints.

Another reason: she took an actual photograph of Annika and me. I've been grousing alot lately about how I'm always behind the camera, and no one else bothers, blah blah blah. It's not a vanity thing. I'd just like there to be some documentation of Annika and me together, especially during the early years when she changes so much.

And this is a good picture because it was a great night. I've posted images here from JOLS' past, and I am consistently blown away by the level of skill involved in carving those thousands of pumpkins over the course of the show. The mood is spooky and ethereal, but the babies weren't scared. I doubt we'll get as lucky next year, but we'll see.

So, thanks Dev. Let's hope our upcoming visit to Santa goes as well!

No comments: