6.14.2010

2nd Wedding Anniversary, etc.

So my 2nd wedding anniversary was Monday, June 7. One week ago. Aaron had a meeting in LA, so he left that morning. It couldn't be helped, it sucked, but we sucked it up.

Then at 10:30 am, my father had a heart attack. His quick action, and some very good work on the part of various EMS and medical professionals, saved my dad's life. But we came very close to losing him last Monday, and that's taken a toll on everyone. Happily, Dad is doing really well. His color is better than I've seen it in a long time, and his mood is good. The upside of having a heart attack at 57 is that he's plenty young enough to recover well and live a long and healthy life.

To complicate matters, I got sick last Monday night. Like, struck down with flu. I'm mostly recovered now, but was pretty much useless in the midst of the family crisis. Fortunately my brother was an absolute rock, and he kept everyone steady last week.

Last week also happened to be my 32nd birthday. I got the best possible birthday present: Dad was released from the hospital. I had to banish the thought that I could have been burying him that day. As bad as the week was, we were infinitely blessed with the best possible outcome. Aaron, Annika, and I went out for dinner that night, Thursday, and he sent a bouquet of daisies which are still lovely.

So this week, we're recovering. And we're planning some do-overs. Aaron is home on vacation. It's a staycation, really. And to kick it off, he surprised me Saturday morning with a small round wedding cake. Other than the ceremonial bite of cake, I never got to eat mine at the actual wedding. The waiters cleared the plates before I got back to the table, and I have since lamented I never got to enjoy the cake. It was a perfect gift. And the cake is delicious, real buttercream on white cake, with a light mocha buttercream filling.

We're also excited about the approaching end to all the work on the house. The siding is up, and the patio is going in today. There is a small army of heavy equipment buzzing around the yard: a dump truck full of stone just made the most impressive noise as it poured out onto the street in front of the house. Like an Autobot crashing through massive panes of glass. I shot some photos of the work going on (film and digital), as well as some shots of 2 snakes coiled up together on top of some shrubbery. I'll post soon.

I'm hopeful the patio will be ready, and my father well enough, to celebrate Father's Day on Sunday here with the whole family as we'd planned.


So things are returning to normal.

1 comment:

Carlita said...

Glad things are looking up, Beagan.