1.12.2005

So why am I doing this?

A list of reasons, excuses, and justifications, in no particular order:

I am 26 years old, not married, and do not have children.
Statistically, this is a singular, unique state that is not likely to persist for much longer.
I want to learn Spanish.
I want to live outside the United States.
I'm tired of cold winters.
"I do not want to die pale and lifeless" -- AK
Though I really lucked out by getting a large cubicle with a window, it's still a cubicle.
I recently got hooked on salsa dancing.
I have friends in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, and Venezuela whom I can visit.
I still enjoy shocking my family.
I recently held my 57-year old aunt four days before died a miserable, painful, and undignified death.
I do not want to regret not having done this when I had the chance.

No comments: