10.19.2007

NaNoWriMo Throwdown

Amity and Beth have been on the NaNoWriMo tip for a number of years now. I've always been in school, and November is NEVER the month for anything other than school-related writing.

But this year, Ladies, I'm throwing down the gauntlet. I've just created a myNaNoWriMo account! Who's up for a 50k support group? This goes for anyone who happens to read this, by the way. We can do this! I'm going to start trawling old journals and see what novel ideas I've dreamt up over the years.

175 pages in one month is a commitment, and a challenge of course. I usually edit WAY too much as I write. But if you break it down, it's less than 6 pages a day. And the material one has at the end of it is a terrific jumping-off point for editing.

The best part though will be the celebration at the end. This is like those teams of people who train together for marathons. Here's our literary 26.2 miles. And together we will finish this race.

No comments: