10.19.2007

Where I've Been

Zib "gently" reminded me that I haven't blogged in a while, so here's a roundup of what's been going on lately:

Red Sox Nation: Watched a thrilling game 5 at the brother's house tonight. Good game, good times. We're coming back to Boston baby!

Unpacking: Got it on the run. I can't seem to just focus on it, but I make time every day. October is all about settling in. Unfortunately, October is rapidly drawing to a close. But it's getting there.

Halloween: Looks like the Midnight Fairy will be making an appearance at a Halloween party next Friday in Boston. Andrea and I are doing pumpkin carving here at the house next weekend too. To gather inspiration, I went to an AMAZING Jack-O-Lantern exhibition the other night. 5,000 carved pumpkins at McCoy Stadium. I didn't bring my camera, but the camera phone was a champ. I'll get those up soon. Most of the pumpkins were your average carved Jack-O-Lantern, but there were some mad skills at work there. The highlight: a pumpkin in honor of Ab Fab, with a portrait of Edina and Patsy's famous drinking-straight-from-the-bottle-of-vodka pose. It was worth the $12 admission just for that.

Home: Had a lovely day on Sunday with Melissa, baking her mother's Italian bread just as our moms used to when we were kids. I grew up on that bread, and to make it myself with her (and have it come out well for that matter) was an absolute treat.

Work: CTU is going fine, and I've been doing a bunch of wedding photography work lately, with another couple weeks' worth in sight. Could be an interesting career path, believe it or not, as there might be an opportunity there. But we'll see. I'm definitely interested, pursuant to the next category:

Existential: I applied for three jobs this week that look promising, but no calls yet. However, I feel like the small business/creative path (ie. Crafted Spaces, which is still on the radar; and the aforementioned wedding photography, etc.) is opening up. I had a tough week last week with trying to get settled and feel settled, and during that time I had a great talk with Pats about the directions I'd like to take. It does all remain to be seen, but I have faith that the right path is working itself out. And finally:

Creative: Yes, I've been AWOL from the blog, but only sort of AWOL. I've actually been working on it, but offline. As of now, I have over 500 posts on ICON, and it's been time to archive and sort and DO SOMETHING with all that content. So I have been. The cause of my protracted unpacking has had a lot to do with cataloging and storing so I can actually DO SOMETHING with all the stuff I've been dragging around all these years. Basically all the work that's haunted my closets for 5 years or so is going to start seeing the light of day. I'm working on a full retrospective. I feel like once I have a sense of everything, I can start to put together bodies of work for publication and exhibition.

So that's what's going on. I have some long-overdue pix to upload, which I plan to do over the weekend. Thanks for staying tuned :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Tribe!