2.28.2005

Things I will take with me to South America

  • My Stainless-Steel Rack-and-Pinion Citrus Juicer. (I drink the juice of 1/2 a lemon in a quart of water every day. Without this, I am nothing)
  • Mojo Cat. (claro)
  • My Flame-colored, Cast-iron Le Creuset Cookware and Poterie. (I don't cook. But if I ever do, I want my pots and pans to be FLAME colored.)
  • My Shrine to the Virgin of Guadaloupe. (Nuestra Senora, pray for us.)
  • My bilingual copy of Neruda's Cien sonetos de amor
  • Laptop (fully loaded)
  • Camera (also loaded)
  • Clothes, Shoes, Make-up, accessories. (within reason)
  • A Handful of Favorite books in English (Another copy of The English Patient because I keep giving them away, The Phantom Tollbooth, Wuthering Heights, some short stories, some Chaucer, monographs by photographers Nan Goldin, Sally Mann, William Eggleston Boris Mikhailov.)

I will refer to this list again in a few months when I'm trying to hire Sherpas to haul my crap for me. Or pricing out freight containers. Or calling the airlines for baggage size and weight limits.

No comments: