10.16.2006

Workspace

Start at the bottom left, the small picture of two people. I'm saying goodbye to my mother at 5 am, the day I left for the Midwest. In front of it, in the foreground, what I smoke. Propel bottle for hydration.

Laptop. Coconuts in the DR, Amity on Skype, me in that little window somewhere. Am I there? And the eye of the camera.

Like the eye on the wall. Blue glass, evil eye charm, Turkish. Found in New Hampshire. Orthodox icon of the Madonna and Child above it. Below, on either side of the eye, a pair of icons from Venezuela.

Between the icons, for Mary, for the Day of the Dead. A blonde with a camera and a fabulous dress. Tia, para ti. And a small one from JS. For the mother in me, she said.

Y La Virgen de Guadaloupe, con flores. A candle since Iowa, the original, para esperanza. And forgetting things done. And for getting things done.

No comments: