6.17.2008

Boy Watching Soccer Game at Eddie's

I didn't tweak this at all in Photoshop. It was a tough shot, being that I was inside Eddie's and he was outside and it was midday and the light is already blindingly contrasty in the Dominican Republic most of the time. At least that's what I recalled from looking at my photos tonight. This was taken Easter Sunday, 2006.

I have long loved a much more formal shot of this boy that I took from the street. He was taking a break from selling eggs to watch a soccer match through the bars of the restaurant. He would never have dared go inside from what I could tell, but no one seemed to mind that he lingered for quite a while to watch the match. Rediscovering this portrait tonight, I find that I now prefer this image of him. It's much more human.

No comments: