6.20.2008

I Hate Wii

According to the little box of hate, my fitness age is 70. It's actually gone down from 64 the other day. WTF?!?!

Thank you, Wii. I'm so old, fitness-wise, I might as well be dead.

Of course I don't hate the Wii completely. I only hate it for telling me what I know is true: I'm in terrible shape. I'm only 30 years old, but my fitness age is DOUBLE that. Now, in fairness, I'm not much of a video gamer, and I'm still trying to figure out the damned controls, so I'm hoping that things will improve. Part of me is torn between wanting to play the damned thing until I pass out, while the other part wants to throw the damned remote through the TV screen.

Aaron tried to make me feel better by reminding me that I'm still learning the controls, and that I am five and a half months pregnant and it's likely only going to get worse. That didn't really help. Needless to say, I'm not taking my new limitations very well. But then again, I don't have much of a choice, and I need to start admitting it.

And I also know that I need to just keep it up. I will get better. That was the whole point of getting the Wii in the first place. So I'll stick with it. I need to get in better shape, especially because I'm pregnant, and not use the pregnancy as an excuse for my geriatric fitness level.

No comments: