7.31.2008

Cranberry and Blue Master Bathroom

Original post, 5/20/08:

Despite my misgivings about the pink bathroom, I really love the color combination of our tiny master bathroom.

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 054


The toilet may get an upgrade to a more water-efficient model at some point, but you really can't find any quarrel with the white toilet and white vanity.

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 049


We'll replace the shower fixtures, light fixtures, and medicine cabinet. I sort of wish there weren't grab bars drilled into the tile all over the place, but an elderly couple owned the house before the current owners, so it's hard to complain. You never know when they might come in handy.

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 051


It's tiny, but it's a master suite, which has been hard to find, given the ages of the houses we've looked at.

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 053

Postscript, 7/31/08: I still love the bathroom, but I have yet to use the shower. The old fixtures are too hard to turn, and it hasn't been cleaned yet since we moved in. Because Aaron and I sleep as late as is humanly possible, we've been using the pink bathroom for getting ready in the morning so as to not disturb the one still sleeping. But we'll get there, especially once we have guests. Unfortunately, this room like the others fell victim to the matchy-matchy painted trim. Pink trim in the pink bedroom, blue trim in the blue bathroom, etc. Need some white paint in this house. Oh, and those grab bars I maligned in the earlier post? They were a godsend when I hurt my back and couldn't move. I still can't move very well, but I'm much improved. Having something strong to hold on to really helped.

No comments: