7.17.2008

Nearly a Month?

Last time I blogged, last time I even turned my computer on, was more than three weeks ago. It was before we moved into the new house, where it feels like we've been forever somehow. A lot goes on with a move, obviously, and all of the events of June really wore me out. The wedding was only a month and a half ago! And now that we're moved in, there is so much to do with unpacking and settling in. Oh, and I'm 25 weeks pregnant, meaning the clock is ticking. Now it's time to sort out the baby's room and all the stuff I need to get for her. I haven't a clue as to what to get, and the time and energy to do the research has been in short supply.

So that's where I've been. I hurt my back, probably due to a combination of moving and the baby growing, so I was on bed rest all of last week working from home on my laptop. It's been good to be back in the office this week, but I'm worn out as the work week is drawing to a close.

The big lesson from the past few weeks is the one I had to learn at the start of this pregnancy: my body isn't mine alone right now, and it's easily worn out. My dynamo mind hasn't stopped trying to drive me, but it's necessary to pace myself. My parents and my husband have been more than picking up the slack and helping me do what I can't do myself right now, and for that I'm grateful.

Otherwise, work is crazy and the house has endless possibilities. I've taken some pictures, but I'm not sure where the CF card reader is right now. Aaron and I tidied up the basement and put things on shelves along the walls, so there is a work space starting to emerge. Aaron's studio out in the three season room (we call it the sun porch for some reason) is turning into quite the atelier for him too.

It's good to be home.

No comments: