7.31.2008

Home Inspection at the New Pad, 2nd Edition

Original post, 5/20/08

Aaron and I had the inspection on the new house on Wednesday afternoon. Here he is waving to me from the kitchen while I was outside shooting pictures of the backyard.

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 152

I shot 160 pictures, documenting damn near everything in it.

I originally posted pictures of the yard, bathrooms, and kitchen, but the current owners found them and have asked that I not post any pictures of the house while they still own it. Fair enough. I feel like I was extremely careful to respect their privacy by not mentioning the address, their names, or showing any of their personal belongings. But privacy is by no means an absolute concept, and different people have different thresholds.

Once we own the house (and only if we do ultimately own the house), will I restore the original posts.


Postscript, 7/31/08: Well, we own the house, so back online go my posts. I promised to take them down, and I promised I'd post them again once the damned closing was all done. So here we are. Each post from May 20 is reposted here with a postscript in this format. Once the house is ready, I'll post before-and-after images. First priority, Annika's room.

No comments: