7.31.2008

The Yard

I cannot wait to get my hands dirty out in the yard at the new house this summer.

Here's the outside, which has a bit of grass but mostly shrubbery and garden beds:

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 163

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 169

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 168


Backyard view of the house, where the deck will go (see next post for the walk-through view from inside the house):

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 138


Here's the overgrown maple tree in the backyard that will soon be getting a bit of a trim:

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 136


Once the tree is trimmed, the yard will hopefully be a bit less shady. I'd like to see some grass grow, and I think I'll plant something along the fence here. Suggestions welcome.

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 155


There is a lovely area along the far side of the house that's already got planting and some pavers:

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 144

And a bench and what appears to be a little terraced area. I'm curious to see what's planted there:

2008-05-14  BotCon, Cambria Inspection Pix 148


Postscript, 7/31/08: The yard is yielding many happy surprises, like the raspberries (see below), lilies, echinacea, roses, onions, etc. Unfortunately, time and the physical limitations of my old back injury combined with my advancing pregnancy have conspired to keep me out of the yard. It's okay though. I'm happy to see how it evolves and see what's out there this season.

1 comment:

Oh La La Chic said...

dude-- this house is amazing! i love it. just in case you need my two cents :)! we are house shopping too...and there is nothing nearly as wonderful in the city limits...booo!!!