4.28.2008

And Selling the House?

So now that you’re a few posts into my catch-up chronicle, I’m sure it’s starting to become clear as to why you’ve not heard much out of me in the past several weeks. We know about the new job, the baby, the wedding. We’ve also put Aaron’s townhouse on the market. Because really, we needed one more thing.

Actually, we need more space. His place is great, but it’s 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, and not nearly big enough for both he and I, forget the bambino. We found a house we loved but it went under contract before we were able to put in an offer on it, so we’re back to looking. The preparations for actually putting the place on the market took weeks of weekends, and a ton of work on my beloved’s part, to get it all together.

But we’re on the market now, and even had our first showing today. According to the realtor, it went well. Unfortunately, I think I might have inadvertently closed the basement door, where the cat’s litter box resides. The realtor said there was a big pile o’ surprises on the bathroom rug upstairs. D’oh! God bless her, she cleaned it up and stashed the rug downstairs. I’d been hoping to replace that rug anyway, and good ol’ Ichiban seems to have kept his micturating to one location.

In addition to this first guy, we also have a neighbor who’s interested, so I’m hopeful we’ll get the place sold and be able to move after the wedding. We have some appointments set up to look at a couple more houses on Wednesday evening. I’m terrified that I’m going to be 8 months pregnant and we won’t have found a place and won’t have the nursery set up and I’ll be a nervous wreck. I already can’t do much heavy lifting — correction, I’m not ALLOWED to do any heavy lifting, so we’ll be hiring movers. There’s still all the unpacking to do though.

*sigh* One thing at a time.

No comments: