4.29.2008

Fists and Knees

My child is active. This will come as a surprise to no one who knows me and my high levels of energy. As my mother would say, the apple doesn't fall far from the ground.

During today's ultrasound, the baby kicked, squirmed, rolled over, swallowed, sucked its thumb, and had hiccups. We're talking less than five minutes of viewing time, and the baby didn't stop moving.

In this picture. It's stretching its legs and rolling around. I can't believe how big the baby keeps getting from week to week. 3 weeks ago those legs and arms were just little buds. Now, they stretch and flex and help the kid move even more.

With all that wiggling, I also got a glimpse of something "down there" that might just be male. Either that or it was the umbilical cord. We should have a better idea in 5 weeks at the 18 week ultrasound . . . .

No comments: