4.28.2008

Group Portrait in Biohazard Suits

This is a souvenir from a day at the Medical Examiner's office, during which the girls had to process some particularly stinky evidence. I won't get into details, but suffice it to say I was at the lab the day said stinky evidence came in, and I will never forget that smell. Thank God it was before I was pregnant.

This photo, like the panties in the next image, is indicative of the gallows humor that is required to be able to face a tough job every day. Like cops and doctors, the scientists at the Crime Lab see some truly disturbing cases day in and day out.

This ain't CSI fictionalized entertainment bullshit, but real cases involving real people whose lives have been forever changed by the events these guys investigate. And I felt like I had to commemorate their commemoration of it.

No comments: