1.22.2007

Sick. Again.

Another resolution: Stay home when I am sick.

Classic example: M comes to class on Saturday to make up a quiz. She is sick. The very next day, I come down with what she had. Saw M today, Monday, in class. She's now feeling fine, so I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

But here's the rub. I proceeded to conduct class today, in front of 20 poor souls who were forced to breathe in my sickness. So who's going to catch it next? And once it goes around again, from whom will I catch it next time?

Going forward, I'm staying home. I don't know where I get this from, but I feel guilty if I take a sick day. Instead, I hereby reorient my paradigm so that I feel GOOD about NOT infecting a roomful of hapless students who will only turn around and get me sick again anyway.

That said, CLC, I'm calling in tomorrow. I'll stay in bed, rest, get some fluids going, and be in terrific shape for the rest of the week.

I'm learning, you guys. I'm learning.

No comments: