6.17.2007

Amy

Matt called this afternoon. Amy died on Friday, June 8 at 7:30 am.

All the relatives have left and today he was calling people. The kids are doing okay. He's feeling angry at the world. Planning trips for the summer to keep them busy, spending time with friends and family. We're planning for a weekend at the beach here in August.

I keep seeing a picture of them in my mind, together, Matt and Amy. I took pictures at their wedding, and there's one of them dancing. Amy had a radiant smile. You would follow that smile anywhere. And in that picture, she's lighting up the whole frame with her smile.

It was 9 years ago this August, that wedding. I said to Matt it's hard to believe that much time has passed.

I don't have a lot of words tonight.

I'm hoping for rain, a good soaking rain, and a few minutes out in it: until my hair is wet and my skin is cool.

No comments: