6.05.2007

No Personality

On Sunday, Arik and I debated the notion that cats do not have any personality. Being that I live with two cats and he's allergic, I contended that I am the more credible authority on the subject, and argued that cats do indeed have personality. And now I have some proof:

Enter into evidence Exhibit A, or what I found in the water dish when I got home. Rococo likes to play with water, leftover in the shower and sink or her actual waterdish. She has a tendency to want to play with her favorite toys in the water, so often times the foamy soccer balls or the suede tassels (on a very long stick) will have been dropped in the water dish. The balls actually float so those are super fun I guess.

The new favorite toy is a plush mouse that you can stuff with catnip. The girls love them. And I found one of them in the water dish. The catnip had leached out and created a close cousin to bongwater, and the stupid mouse was totally waterlogged. After a day and a half of waiting for it to dry, I busted out my hair dryer this morning and fluffed the mouse back up. He's ready to go again.

I tell this story because though it first startled then kind of annoyed me, finding that stupid drowned toy made me smile. I knew immediately Rococo had been playing and got all carried away, and that the cats had been drinking catnip tea for quite a while by the time I got home.

And that night, when I went to bed, I fell asleep listening to Mojo snoring (yes, actually snoring) on the pillow next to mine.

No comments: