3.29.2007

A Bit Carried Away?

Jeff, my realtor, made me promise not to do any demolition on the condo as I prepare to sell it. But today, CJ came over to install some light fixtures and trim the counter in order to get the fridge to fit. It wasn't going to work and the counter and cabinet and sink were gross anyway. So, we tore 'em out. I did need to get a dishwasher anyway, so it's all good.

My house is trashed and we're still only half way through after an 8-hour workday. We tore everything out and bought the new stuff today --- it came in under $300!!! We were able to install the cabinet and trim down the countertop as well as cut the hole for the sink. Tomorrow we'll purchase the dishwasher, hook it up along with the sink, secure the countertop, and install the faucet. Oh, and we'll get the light fixtures installed too after all.

I wouldn't have done any of it if I didn't think it would benefit the sale of this place. Plus, I'm happy with the look. All of the horizontal planes in the kitchen are brown: counter, floor, and bar. The verticals will be white cabinets, and the bistro set will look great. Plus, it's been a great education, as always.

I'll upload some pix tomorrow.

No comments: