3.27.2007

Mi espalda duele

Mi hermana Luisana and I were comparing notes today. She and her fiance and her daughter are moving into their first place together, and are running into the usual issues when one moves. I was telling her about how I'm packing my books and other non-essentials so I can properly stage my place for sale.

Of course, I'm doing this in Spanish, a language I have scratched and fought to learn "de la calle" for the past few years. It takes a lot of concentration and patience with myself, but talking with Luchy is great practice.

The big success of the day was hauling 11 boxes of books and several bags of clothing and kitchen stuff for donation. I've been puttering around the house today trying to put it back together a bit.

The major issue of the day though is getting caught up on grading, as always. My least favorite task, but one that must be done. The natives are getting restless, and rightly so. *sigh*

No comments: