5.12.2007

New Tattoo


2007-05-12 Cat Tattoo 005, originally uploaded by jessica_beagan.

Stupid Photoshop isn't cooperating, so this is untouched. It's also shiny because of the medicated ointment.

That said, yesterday I got a new tattoo. It's technically my third, though the second one (compass) is covering up the first (yin yang) which looked like a prison tattoo. We added some more white to the remaining black ink from the old yin yang yesterday.

AND I now have a fun French kitty on the back of my left arm, just above the elbow. She's about 3 inches tall. Esther, my AMAZING tattooist, is truly a genius. And we had a great time. I have a pair of underwear (believe it or not) that had this silhouette. Esther added the eyes. She's designing a painterly abstract horse for my right lower forearm (though the location might change). We also talked about doing a companion to this tattoo, a boy cat on the back of my right arm, smoking a long cigarette holder and wearing a red beret.

Tattoos are dangerous because once you get one you really want more. I decided to get this one for a few reasons. I loved the design, obviously. It's also very symbolic of me and my life. I have two cats, I love to travel (she feels French to me) and I'm a little bit of a kitten myself. Plus I wanted a piece that was more visible. I adore rocking my back tattoo during the summertime, but it remains hidden for most of the year. It is time to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, and commit more to wearing my ink.

At the same time though, I still think it's important to be able to cover it. So this is halfway between the back and the forearm. We'll see how it goes. The horse might end up on my right hip. But for now, I love this piece and though it's only been 24 hours, it feels right.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

TOTALLY HOT! LOVIN' it--- go to my myspace and check out one of my buddies...KB (kristi Butler) from alabama---she just got a kick butt tat too---- check it! again love it!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I hate when people generalize and say that someone's tat is 'stupid' if they don't know the true meaning behind it. I just got my second today and totally know what you mean about knowing that it feels right so soon afterwards...and wanting more after you've gotten your first. My first was on New years day, 08, and my second today-imagine what will happen by the time it's time to say good-bye to this life!! Lmao! I love your kitty though-she seems french to me too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't know if you look at this anymore but i was wondering how long that tattoo took? im thinking of getting one about the same size and just wondered :)