5.03.2007

Realistically

I will only be home for four full days. I arrive in the afternoon tomorrow and leave first thing on Wednesday. In that span of time, I plan on spending time with several people in a few different locations, settling in to the beach house, and starting up my work projects. Into this mix I also had ideas about grading papers. But come to find out final grades (and my independent study) are all due May 15. So now, I plan.

I'm trying to be realistic. Will it be worthwhile to haul gradebooks and papers home? The answer is no. Instead, I will focus on my online courses and their grades and emails (since the laptop is coming with me anyway), and I will work on my independent study (which, though nebulous still at this late date, is definitely taking shape). My face-to-face students are all turning in their work by Thursday next, so I'll focus next weekend on getting through it all then and posting their final grades. I've become efficient at grading and think I can get it done.

It's all about the planning. And I must say that I can see why my horoscope talks about changes occuring after the 15th. The semester will truly be over by then.

No comments: