5.18.2008

Changed My Mind, Last Minute

Chalk up another point for both my mother and for David's Bridal today.

I went in at 3pm for a scheduled fitting for my wedding dress. I put it on, and finally had to admit what I have known all along. I hated the dress.

So the good people at David's accommodated my mother, an even better person, as she ran around and found other dresses for me to try on. An hour later I ended up getting something quite different, and I actually really like it. Different shoes, different veil, and now I'm really looking forward to getting into the damned thing and walking down the aisle.

Of course I completely wore myself out in the process, and have been down with a headache all evening. I need to become a bit more realistic about how many hours are in a weekend. I got the thank you cards done from the shower, and the wedding dress is set for real, but the laundry and the wedding favors were not attended to this weekend.

Aaron's off to LA Tuesday and returning Wednesday, so I'll stay home Tuesday night and do the laundry. I might be able to wrangle our good friends again to help with the favors if I can't get them done myself next weekend. Thank God next weekend is Memorial Day, with three days off from work. With the wedding in just 20 days, and moving about 40 days from now, we need all the time we can get.

No comments: