5.20.2008

Visit to Maine, February 2008

During February's school vacation, and before I was offered the job at Gilbane or found out I was pregnant, I went to visit Amity up in the mountains in Maine where she lives. It was only THREE months ago, but seems like forever.

Many thanks to Amity, as always, and also to Joe for their hospitality, and for always encouraging me to keep shooting.

I finally got around to doing something with the pictures I took while I was there. I shot seven rolls of color film, but the lab messed up and scanned the negatives in black and white. So went with it. I'll scan them in color at some point.

The first series is the attic room at Amity's apartment. I love that space for some reason, and was happy to go back and shoot it after having first seen it in November. I'm hoping to visit again in summer for a view of another season in Oxford County.

No comments: