5.26.2008

Homebody Weekend

We spent the long weekend close to home, getting things ready before the craziness begins next weekend leading up to the wedding. On Saturday I brought my clothes and my cats over to Aaron's, effectively moving in at long last. We've been going back and forth between two houses since November and I'm over it.

I hadn't done laundry in nearly two months, so I took full advantage of the laundromat-sized high efficiency washer and dryer over here to maximize the wash loads. We still have a few left, but I lost the will to launder for two straight days.

Part of the problem with finishing the laundry is the Feline Pragmatic Sanction of 2008. What types of concessions must one make to help three cats live peaceful in one kingdom? Essentially, we're trying to help Mojo and Rococo adjust to Aaron's house, and to Ichiban, Aaron's cat. Ichi has been a very good boy, totally cooperative. Mojo is wary, but not overly hostile. Rococo is a freakin' maniac. INSANE. Angry, aggressive, combative. Growling, spitting, hissing. She growls under the door if she even senses Ichiban nearby. She's been so upset that she's even started growling at Mojo. We've let Coco and Ichiban meet up twice so far, with disastrous results.

I can only hope that with familiarity to the new house she will calm down. So for now, Ichiban is stuck in the basement while Mojo and Coco explore the house. Tonight, my cats will get closed up in the guest bedroom so Ichi can sleep with us. Essentially, we're on shifts, alternating with one party stashed away while the other roams freely.

Otherwise, we went grocery shopping. Aaron finished crafting his groomsman's gift for the wedding. I made a key lime pie (thanks for the excellent recipe, Carlita!). A marathon of "Deadliest Catch" has been running in High Def on the Discovery Channel all day.

Cat-fighting aside, it's been a good weekend.

No comments: