5.26.2008

Container Gardening

Summer is far and away my favorite season for many reasons including gardening. Unfortunately, I haven't been settled anywhere long enough to plant things in the ground, so I have been making do with container gardening. Last year I planted four pots of flowers and two tomato plants.

Today I expanded upon last year and planted three varieties of tomatoes, one pot of basil, and assorted pots of snapdragons, dahlias, sweet william, three types of daisies, purple verbena, some tumbling bells in blue and peach, and that odd looking tall red bushy flower in the foreground that Aaron picked out.

The good news is that I can haul all of these from Aaron's to the new house at the end of June. I'll probably have to do some transplanting at the time as well, but I couldn't let the season get any later without getting my hands dirty, and getting some color and life growing outdoors.

No comments: