3.29.2005

$44.07/month savings:

Whilst in Iowa City this weekend, I figured out how to turn on the wireless function on this here company laptop. One advantage to corporate slavery: the $2000 in laptop equipment I got at the first of the year. I freakin' LOVE this thing and I'm chagrined to think someday we will be parted.

So, I switched on the laptop at home and the wireless connection worked. I double-checked the strength of it by unplugging the modem in my living room, just in case it was somehow pulling the signal from there.

It's not. I have wireless.

Which means, to hell with ComCast! To HELL! I don't watch the cable enough, and the internet is now available in the tub or on the porch or in bed, all for FREE!

Granted, I just gotten bitten by the zombie of NetFlix, so now, drooling and braindead, I'll be dropping 20 bucks a month on that. But, it's a good chance to catch up on some films and even get things for school, without having to go out. Again, in this case, FREE was better when I would rely on the Public Library. But after getting confused and not returning two discs, the $10 fine alerted me to the merits of no late fees, and movie returns I can make at the post office box while waiting for the elevator in the morning.

Anyway, off to watch Donnie Darko. Amores Perros last night was incredible, by the way. You should queue it . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

home equity line of credit