3.26.2005

In Town Again

KK is doing KR's hair in the bathroom, and we're debating whether or not KR has "man hair," "lesbian hair," or "anorexic hair."

This town has wrapped itself around me again, in the most pleasant way.

I miss having friends who are NOT tied to my job. First thing I do when I return to the city is STOP being a nun and get myself a life.

We're getting ready for a night of dancing at the only gay bar in town, with an entourage of friends and acquaintances. I haven't been here in over a year, but I'll know people there. That never happens in Chicago, with one very odd exception. And that exception is this girl from Iowa City I keep running into, to the point that it's becoming scary.

I know that I can wander into the Tobacco Bowl and wait. Before long, someone will come in.

I also bought a pair of Versace pumps at Revival, a fantastic consignment shop on Linn St. With the store credit for items I brought in, I paid less than NINE dollars for them. Yay! They're slightly 80's fabulous, white open-toe 3" slingbacks with rainbow neon spraypainted stripes, but they tone right down with a pair of jeans.

I won't wear them out dancing tonight.

No comments: