3.12.2005

Yeah, got a little trashed . . .

Last night was just what I needed.

I passed out by 10:10 pm. Oh yeah!

GF and I decided this morning that neither one of us remembers embarrassing ourselves too badly, and we don't appear to have done any damage to our relationship. I definitely did not flash him my knickers via webcam, and we only dredged up the past in the most nostalgic of terms.

After the posting, I added to my a cappella repertoire with a little Italian aria, "Nel Cor Piu Non Me Sento" which I had to learn for voice lessons I took in college. I love that aria, and I loved singing it. In private. I have deep-seated emotional damage about how crappy my singing voice is, and how terrifying it is for me to sing in public.

I can do just about anything in front of other people and NEVER get stage fright, but singing is a different story. I could belt out that aria in my dorm room or in the shower. But getting up in front of a hundred or so people for that afternoon voice recital was a nightmare. I barely squeaked through it. But I did it, and I think I even got an A in the class. The instructor, knowing my terror, was probably just relieved I didn't pass out and hit my head on the piano, forget that I actually finished my aria.

I tried this morning to find the lyrics to the aria, but couldn't. I remember the vague Italian translation is that the poor woman singing is so in love, but her lover's indifference causes her great pain.

. . .

At any rate, with a bottle of Pinot Grigio down the gullet, I was able to dust off the notes and words from somewhere back in my memory and sing my aria like a right proper diva. Had I only been more savvy in college to have gotten drunk before the recital . . . .

No comments: