3.24.2005

The Dry Run

So, tomorrow afternoon I'm off to Iowa City. The friends I want to see are busy, working and such, so I will have time to catch up on my grading and correspondence, both professional and personal.

And I realize that this is the first test of my proposed change of livlihood to adjunct online faculty/world traveler extraordinaire.

I already got the word from KK about the weekend's itinerary, and about where I can get wireless internet access on the Ped Mall. I have mid-term grades due by Monday at noon, so this should work out well.

It's LIKE a vacation, but it's really a time trial for the telecommuter. Let's see if I qualify.

But this trip is also about moving forward, letting go. I'm going back to go forward. I didn't always get what I wanted there, but from Iowa City I will take what I need.

No comments: