11.20.2006

Heading Out of Town

I booked a 7:30 am flight for tomorrow.

These always seem like SUCH a good idea when you book them. I spent more on DVDs this week than I did on a plane ticket home. But that's another story. When you get a good deal, non-stop flights, good prices . . . you take it.

The hook is that 7:30 NEVER sounds as early as it REALLY is --- until the night BEFORE the 7:30 am flight.

*sigh*

There is much to do, and little motivation to do it. And frankly, little need. It'll work out. There's a lot going on, but it's also almost Thanksgiving. And I'm a little maudlin and grateful this time of year. My work schedule is never busier than it is in November, and yet in the absolute height and depth and breadth of all of it, of life, I can still say yeah. I'm thankful.

So I'm trying to set some realistic expectations. Negotiating the offers and options for Spring. Looking ahead to the next career move. Making some time for fun and friends and family.

Keeping the ball in play.

The cab will be here at 5:45. It's now 9:18.

Allllllllll good.

No comments: