11.14.2006

Set


Marbled Paper, originally uploaded by jessica_beagan.

Amity has been scanning like a fiend. She has this amazing all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax. I have an old scanner in the closet from 2001 that takes up space and has long since stopped earning the space it's taking up. She flies through scanning images to a memory card and then downloads them.

Back in 2000, I wrote her a letter on some stationery my aunt brought me from Florence. It was machine printed with a very pale marbled paper pattern. Amity loves marbling paper, and it's a technique I remember her working on in Machias.

At any rate, she scanned the inside of the envelope. I did some rudimentary retouching in Microsoft Picture Manager, the PBR of photo editing software. I'm going to tweak a few versions of this to see if I like any of them for my website, which is under construction now at www.jessicabeagan.com

No comments: