4.29.2007

Bonus!

Despite having planned it weeks ago, and with some intentionality, it hit me only yesterday that I have a few days off. This is my last week of teaching at CLC and OCC before finals next week. But my students are all doing that take-home final assignment on Virginia Tech, so I don't have any class meetings to conduct next week.

Basically, I'm free from Friday May 4 to Wednesday May 9, with the exception of the confirmation class which I would miss. I need to be back for the Killers concert on Thursday night or I could stay longer. But that will work --- i'll get back to town for the weekend.

So I checked in with the family and started making some plans. It'll be good to get things started, start setting things up, etc. I'm going to think it over and make sure I can make it work before booking the flight tonight. Part of the problem is that I have so many options: RI, Maine, DC, stay here, etc.

And today's forecast calls for "abundant sunshine". Today's weather is nothing short of divine. Jennifer and I are heading to Neiman Marcus so she can try on a wedding dress, and to Macy's so I can return some things and maybe find a new pair of jeans. And yes, I know the weather is too good for the mall, but it IS an outdoor mall after all. So I gotta hit the showers. Jen's on her way.

No comments: