4.19.2007

New Favorite Thing

2007-04-15 Around the House, Out the Window 009

I've started collecting vintage linen dishtowels when I go out antiquing. They're wonderful quality, and kitschy fun. Shown here from top to bottom is: "Regatta", a sailboat theme framed with little sailboat silhouettes and their names around the border; "Carmel by the Sea", showing off tourist sites of interest; and some 70's orange and brown warmness.

These are cheap items to collect,(roughly five dollars a piece, give or take), and they're useful. I also think I got into collecting these because my mom had a linen apron from Sicily that my friend Melissa's sister had gotten her. It was a big detailed map of the island, and it was delightful. My mother wore that apron into the softest little rag and has long since retired it. I think these towels remind me of that apron.

No comments: