2.07.2007

Project Runway

Mmmm, marathon. I think "Top Chef" and "Top Design" are fine and all, but there is just nothing like "Project Runway." As I watch it YET AGAIN, (the finale is on now), I still think Jeffrey Sebelia deserved to win. That said, Uli Herzner's collection is really sublime.

Laura Bennett's apes sophistication, but beads are beads and feathers are feathers. I guess Upper West Side dowager just isn't my scene. Plus it's hard to respect her after the bullshit she pulled on Jeffrey leading up to the runway show. She knew she got out-designed and she wanted to remove some of the competition. She should have resorted to a pincushion voodoo doll. Whatever her intentions, it was petty and at best it seemed like a ratings ploy. Real Upper West Side elegance should be above that, imho. She has talent, she has a vision, and she sold herself short.

And Michael Knight, well, he's got promise. And time. He's one to watch. He totally nailed the super-wide high-waisted belt look after all.

How long 'til Season 4???? (she says, whining). I'll be wearing my Tim Gunn t-shirt (designed by yummy Daniel Vosovic) in breathless anticipation. Don't keep us waiting too long!

No comments: