2.05.2007

Represent! Pediatrics


007_13.JPG, originally uploaded by jessica_beagan.



This is Debbie, Carlita, me, and Head at the rehearsal dinner for Debbie's wedding in Grand Isle, Maine, in August, 2003. I love that we're all four together here.

These three girls were all a year or two ahead of me at UMM, and during my first year at college they lived on Pediatrics, the floor above mine in Dorward Hall. I met Carla at orientation and she suggested I move to Pediatrics. I didn't take her advice, which I often regretted, but I did become an honorary guest.

As happens to most of us, life has taken us in many different directions, and I don't see these girls more than every few years at this point. No matter what though, they are in my soul forever. I had more fun and crazy adventures in college than I ever dreamed possible. And every time we get together it's the same, as if no time has passed and somewhere we're still running around campus in our own little world.

Of course, this picture is very sweet and represents us well and happy. Every single one of the pictures from that trip for Deb's wedding are like that, by the way. Unfortunately, I found myself having to make some editorial decisions that I really wish I didn't have to make.

For instance, ladies, those pictures in the hot tub? Even with some tasteful editing, I didn't think that those of us with teaching and university jobs or much less CHILDREN really needed those on the web. Believe me, I agonized over it. But I decided that this one, we can share with the world. All the silly adventures and semi-nudity will remain ours alone.

No comments: